Original 1227 Giant Outdoor Lamp with Wall BracketGuaranteed for life
Our Original 1227™ Outdoor Giant wall mounted lamp has all the impact and unrivalled functionality of its floor-standing sibling, but with added flexibility, courtesy of a clever articulated arm. The lamp has marine-grade materials and, for the first time, IP rating to withstand different weather conditions like rain and wind.
Please note that our Giant lamps are built to order and have a lead time of up to 12 weeks.Read More
Originally commissioned by Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre (in deference to the beloved Anglepoise® lamp that Dahl used in his writing hut), inspiration for the Original 1227™ Giant is part Carwardine, part fantasy.
- Matt finish
- Aluminum fork block, bridle, arms, fork and shade
- Precision machined stainless steel components
- IP65 rated waterproof casing for light source
- Steel wall mounting bracket
- Silicone rubber covered cable
- Anglepoise® constant tension spring technology
- Shade diameter: 17.3in
- Shade height: 18.5in
- Max reach: 106.3 (from wall to shade)
- Wall bracket (h x w): 8.9in x 15.4in
- Wall bracket back plate height: 17.7in
- Cable length: 393.7in
When automotive engineer, George Carwardine chanced upon a formula for a new kind of spring, he had created the blueprint for a groundbreaking articulated task lamp that could combine ultimate flexibility with perfect stability. Two years later the Original 1227™ was born.